Hugh Baird College

Where are they now?

Lauren Corness

Where are they now? Mental Health Nursing at Edge Hill University.

While at Hugh Baird College, Lauren studied for her Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. Lauren successfully completed the course with an outstanding triple distinction. She decided to spend nine months gaining industry experience before starting her degree in Mental Health Nursing at Edge Hill University.

“I really enjoyed my time at Hugh Baird College, the course was brilliant. The tutors were all very supportive and really friendly. As part of the course, I carried out a placement one day a week at the Walton Centre. The experience I gained while on placement really helped during University interviews. It set me apart from other students and I’m so grateful that I was able to take advantage of the opportunity.”

“The course requires a lot of studying and you have to keep on top of it, but it’s really worth it in the end and is helping me work towards my dream career in nursing. The work that you put in at Level 3 helps hugely at University. I’ve found the progression to Higher Education a smooth one thanks to my time at Hugh Baird College.”

Complaints, Compliments or Suggestions

Pro Monitor

Please select an option to access:

I am outside of the College network

I am inside the College network

×